Thursday, February 1, 2007

Bunny Buddies 1 & 2

I have a handful of friends or acquaintances who are expecting babies in May, June, and July, so I'm working on little gift packs for them all... First up are two bunny buddies. The pattern for these can be found on Lion Brand's website, but I don't like the yarn called for, so I subbed Bernat Cottontots. I've also made these using Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton, and while it was certainly nice, I didn't think it was nicer enough to pay over $9 for a skein of the stuff when I can buy a ball of Cottontots for a third or less of the cost and make at least 2, maybe squeeze a third buddy from that single ball. Cost effective and just as soft, in my book, anyway.

So here are #1 and #2 for 2007 in Sweet Cream:


and Blue Berry:



I hope to be back soon with completed photos of the CPH, wonky stripe and all!

1 comment:

jessica said...

How cute! My youngest would just love that, she is into napkins, washcloths, pretty much anything she can chew on!